The vision for Wairoa College students is to “Be the best they can be”
To achieve this students participate in academic programmes that exhibit and develop:
- Manaakitanga – producing individuals that are culturally located, respectful and capable of making valuable contributions to society.
- Mana Motuhake – producing individuals that are high achievers and life-long learners.
- Whakapiringatanga – secure, well managed learning environments which develop competencies needed to be successful in the 21st century.
Systems in place to support academic success include:
- Academic monitoring team consisting of Academic Assistant Principal, and Academic house leaders
- Gateway and transition work.
- Student support centre for correspondence, STAR courses, and individual learning programmes.
- Special needs teachers and teacher aides.
- EIT courses
- SPEC courses
- Accelerated Learning in Mathematics and Literacy programmes.
- Whānau Class teacher mentoring.
- Services Academy.