The mission of Wairoa College is to provide a pathway (ara) which is uplifting to the mana of all and creates life-long learning. Staff and students are encouraged to keep this goal at the heart of all academic, sporting and cultural activities.
With a roll that sits around 520 students, Wairoa College offers a comprehensive learning environment for Years 7 to 13 students.
Our learners will:
- Through Mana Motuhake, interact and communicate confidently and tolerantly with people of different dispositions.
- Acknowledge their own history, tikanga and language in order to appreciate different cultures.
- Be aware of possible vocational pathways and develop career management competencies.
- Through Tino Rangatiratanga, demonstrate leadership by taking an active part in community, cultural and sporting activities.
- Through Hauora, make informed and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Be able to deal with a rapidly changing technological world.
- Interact with Te Reo Māori across the curriculum.
- Through Manaakitanga, recognise cultural identity as an essential component for achieving success.
- Through Whakapiritanga, to engage positively in a variety of environments.